Using First Responder Wins With AME and Multiple Approvers Are Notified, Notification Remains Open After Approver Responds If Other Approver Has Vacation Rule Enabled
Last updated on NOVEMBER 14, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 24-Sep-2012***
When attempting to approve Requisition the following error occurs. This error occurs when a delegated approver has an open notification to approve that should not be open, because a previous approver has already responded. The reason this delegated approver's notification should not still be open is because the system is setup to notify approvers in Parallel and "First Responder Wins" is setup. With "First Responder Wins" when the first response should close all other pending responses which is not happening in this case.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Have parallel approver setup in AME with "First Responder Wins"
2) One Approver has a vacation rule setup to send to another user
3) Create Requisition and submit for approval so its routed to the approval group with the above approvers where first responder wins is enabled
4) Login in as an approver and approve the requisition
5) Login as the other approver that has had the notification routed to them via the vacation rule and this notification is incorrectly still open.
6) Even though Requisition has been approved (due to step 4) this user can approve this Requisition via Notification routed to himvia the routing rule and when they respond this error occurs:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms