Splitting RMA causes error: EQuantity cannot be greater than original ordered quantity
Last updated on APRIL 18, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Oracle Inventory Management - Version 11.5.10.CU2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
"EQuantity cannot be greater than original ordered quantity"
When attempting to include shipment lines as well as return lines with the return lines referencing the shipment lines. If shipment lines is split, user cannot receive return lines. The following error occurs.
1. Enter "Trade" Type Order
2. Line 1.1 PTO Kit --> Qty = 2 --> Shipment line
3. Kit explodes with all components displaying on Sales Order as sub-lines to line 1.
4. Line 2.1 PTO Kit --> Qty = 2 --> Return line --> Reference line 1 on the Returns tab
5. With reference to line 1, kit explodes on Sales Order as independent lines (3.1, 4.1, 5.1, etc) Without the reference to line 1, the components will not explode.
Line 1 partially ships day one
Line 1 ships remaining balance day two
6. Weeks later; the receiver tries to receive against line 2 a quantity of 2 but they receive an error "rvtptcontrol failed: RVTPT-020: Subroutine rvtoe_RmaPushApi() - EQuantity cannot be greater than original ordered quantity, returned error. Cause: Subroutine rvtoe_RmaPushApi() - EQuantitiy cannot be greater than or...."
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms