Auto Data Assignment Attempting to Insert Duplicate Data Causing Exception: "ORA-00001: unique constraint "
(Doc ID 1270172.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 25, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.1.0 to 6.1.4 [Release 6.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An Auto Data Assignment (ADA) Rule is configured to add the Involved Party to a shipment when created. This ADA successfully executes and adds the Involved Party upon the shipment creation. At a later time, the order assigned to the shipment is updated to modify the quantities. This in turn triggers an automation agent with the following Agent Action:
ORDER RELEASE - MOD - EDIT SHIPMENT
This agent action's purpose is to propagate the order changes to its assigned shipment. However, this agent action is forcing the ADA rule to execute again. Since the rule is executed again, a second attempt to insert the Involved Party is executed, resulting in the following duplicate error.
Cannot add the SHIPMENT_INVOLVED_PARTY record. SHIPMENT_GID, INVOLVED_PARTY_QUAL_GID, INVOLVED_PARTY_CONTACT_GID, COM_METHOD_GID must be unique.
java.sql.BatchUpdateException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (GLOGOWNER.PK_SHIPMENT_INVOLVED_PARTY) violatedA
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an Auto Data Assignment Rule that assigns the Involved Party to the shipment upon creation (Business Process Automation -> Agents and Milestones -> Auto Assignment Rule)
2. Create an Order Release agent that runs the action "ORDER RELEASE - MOD - EDIT SHIPMENT" upon order updates (Business Process Automation -> Agents and Milestones -> Automation Agent)
3. Create an order via integration and plan it onto a shipment (Business Process Automation -> Integration -> Integration Manager)
4. Notice that the ADA Rule assigned the Involved Party to the shipment
5. Update the order via integration to trigger the above agent (Business Process Automation -> Integration -> Integration Manager)
6. This runs the Automation Agent and is triggering the ADA Rule to run the Involved Party is attempted to be added a second time resulting in the above error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document