Depot Repair: All Debriefs Use The Inventory Transaction Type ’Field Service Usage/Recovery’
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 11.5.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
ConcurrentProgram:CSFUPDATE - CSF:Update Debrief Lines
***Checked for relevance on 17-Nov-2013***
Find that when debriefing (from Depot Repair) the resulting inventory transaction type is defined as ’Field Service Usage’ and not as ’Depot Repair Usage’.
Expect the inventory transaction type to be ’Depot Repair Usage’ since the Depot Repair module was used to repair the product.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Open a Service Request (Depot Repair > Repair Orders).
- Open a Repair Order. This creates the RMA with the repair item.
- Receive product into inventory (Inventory > Transactions > Receiving).
- Debrief the Repair Order. (Depot Repair > Repair Orders).
- Ship the product back to the customer. (Order management super user > Shipping > Transactions).
- Verify the transaction details in Inventory (Inventory > Transactions > Material Transactions).
- Verify that the transaction type for that Repair Order is ’Field Service Usage’.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms