Intended Form Function not Launched when "Launch Oracle Applications" Link under JTF Global Request Page is Clicked
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Complex Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul - Version 12.1.2 and later
Oracle CRM Technical Foundation - Version 12.1.2 and later
Oracle Application Object Library - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 07-Aug-2012***
***Checked for relevance on 27-Jan-2014***
***Checked for relevance on 9-Jul-2015***
When attempting to navigate to a custom Menu item (Form Function) which is expected to launch the Forms session, the user is still requested to select again a responsibility and to manually navigate to the desired menu item.
Expect the requested Forms page to be opened directly, without the need to re-select the responsibility from where the user accessed the Form Function.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login with an user having system administrator priviledges
2. Using System Administrator responsibility, add a Forms submenu ("Standard Report Submission and view report (privileged) 4.0" (FND_NAVREPORT4.0) submenu for example) to the "Advanced Service Online Root Menu" (AHL_ROOT_MENU)
3. Select responsibility Complex MRO Super User - Commercial Airlines (US) > CMRO Home
4. If user presses on the new menu item, the 'Lunch Oracle Applications' page is loaded, with the 'Run' tab displayed, from where the user needs to click on Launch Oracle Applications link to open the Forms session. The 'View' and 'Set' tabs are also displayed.
5. The link used for invoking the Forms session is:
6. Once the Forms session loads, the user is presented the 'Select Responsibility' screen instead of the Run Requests form directly.
If the Run Requests form is chosen again from the menu displayed from the Forms session, there is no issue.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms