Depot Repair-Submit Repair Jobs Error: 'ORA-20001: This item needs the use of a project', Project And Task Information Is Lost.
(Doc ID 1271678.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Form:CSDCRJOB.FMB - Submit Repair Jobs
Find that when WIP jobs are created (for multiple Repair orders) through the 'Submit Repair Jobs' form (CSDCRJOB) the project information from the repair order is not propagated to the WIP job. When submitting a job for a single repair order through the repair order workbench (CSDREPLN), the wip job does have the project information. When not using (hard) pegging to link the WIP job to a project, that does not result in an immediate error, but when hard pegging is enabled, the WIP Mass Load fails to create the job. The error listed in the WIP Mass load output is:
Please enter project/task.
ORA-06512: at "APPS.WIP_DISCRETE_JOBS_XX", line 13
ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger 'APPS.WIP_DISCRETE_JOBS_XX'
The expectation is that the project information should be propagated to WIP regardless of how the repair job is created.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a service request.
- Create 2 repair orders for this SR. Both have the same project and task on them.
- Go to the 'Submit Repair Jobs' form and search by SR.
- Select the repair orders from step 2 (ctrl-click), press ok and submit jobs (no bill /routing specified).
Job is created for a quantity of 2. This job is reflected on both Repair orders
- Query the Job (WIP -> Discrete -> Discrete Jobs -> find job -> go to Schedule Group, Project tab. Notice that he project and task are NOT populated.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document