How To Approve A Contract Changed Via A Change request?
(Doc ID 1272487.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 02, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 11.5.10 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for Relevance on 02-Oct-2014
After responding to a Approval Change Request notification, another Notification appears which is responded to. After that the contract opens in QA HOLD. After changes are applied, and a QA Check is done it does not activate the contract. It is expected that the contract will be activated.
It works like this for every change request.
Expected that the contract would become active again after running QA check was successfully in the contract.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to (R) System Administrator (N) Security > User > Define.
- set up two users
User X -> Person X
User Y -> Person Y
2. Go to (N) Profiles > System Profiles
- Set profile OKC: Change Request Approver
- Set it to user Y for user X, so user Y needs to approve the change requests made by user X.
3. Go to (R) Service Contracts Manager (N) Setup> Contract> Status and Operations
- Query the status type Active
- Check the status that needs to be verified:
Service Agreement -> Update via Change Request allowed
Update online -> Not allowed
4. Login as user X and go to (R) Service Contracts Manager (N) Launch Contracts
- Use the torch icon to open find window (Search Templates and Contracts)
- Open an Active contract : it does not show Open for Update button on Summary/Parties tab which is correct because a change request needs to be done.
5. Go back to the Contract Navigator
- Use the torch to open find window.
- Query an Active contract.
- In Results do a right mouse click and select 'Create Change Request'.
6. In window Create Change Requests enter the following:
- Request Name/Description.
- Enter one line with text under Changes region.
- Admin tab select workflow name: Change Approval Process.
- Need to enter administrator. Select person for user Y.
- Click on Submit for Approval button.
7. Login as user Y and go to (R) Service Contracts Manager (N) Launchpad
- It shows notification in inbox
- note that status of the contract is still Active
- Click on Respond for notification
- Click on Approve
- Click on OK in next notification that it is approved.
9. Now in notification in Launchpad that change is approved, select Open.
- Now the contract opens in QA Hold status
- Change something
- Go to Actions -> Check QA
- Get Message QA Completed Successfully.
- Status is still QA Hold.
- Re-query contract. It is still in QA Hold.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document