Quality Sample Does Not Get automatically created if using a specification with Grade
(Doc ID 1273054.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 01, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Process Manufacturing Product Development - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On :12.1.2 version, Workflow Issues
Customer uses The Enhanced Receiving Inspection solution for R12. They setup automatic sample creation based on Receipt. It works well in case when they use OPM QM specification without GRADE.
But If you will create specification with grade system will not create a sample based on receiving.
Expect automatic sample creation to work in both cases
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create/approve a specification SPEC1 WITHOUT grade and with an Approved Supplier spec validity rule supplier val rule, with Automatic creation flag
2. Create PO, receipt with destination: Inventory
3. Sample gets created
4. Set End date of supplier validity rule of SPEC1 WITHOUT grade so that it is no more used
5. Create/approve a specification new SPEC2 WITH grade for same item and with an Approved Supplier spec validity rule supplier val rule, with Automatic creation flag automatic sample validity rule.
6. Create PO, receipt with destination: Inventory
7. Sample is not created
8. Note that Manual sample is working fine with new Spec SPEC2:
create a manual sample, do" get Spec", the specification SPEC2 is retrieved
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot have automatic sample function : Critical for QM. Grade control.
Note: although the symptom here is for sample creation based on receipt, the issue is applicable to any type of specification (WIP, Inventory, ..)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document