Getting Different Class Component Codes When Purchasing Consigned Items
(Doc ID 1275264.1)
Last updated on JUNE 28, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Process Manufacturing Financials - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.1 version, Actual Cost Process, it is seen in Actual Cost Transactions View form that the source 'PO Receipts' shows the component class code assigned to the corresponding Item Cost Category assigned to the item (in this case ' ME'), also the reference number, while the source 'Consigned Inventory' shows the default Material Component defined in the Fiscal Policy (MP -Raw Material) & NO reference number.
Expect to see the component class code assigned to the corresponding Item Cost Category assigned to the item for all sources.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Define Item Cost Category named “Packing Material”.
2. In OPM Financials created a Material component class that assigns the Component Class Code ME to corresponding Item Cost Category.
3. INV: item entered in primary items and assigned previous Item Cost Category.
4. Enter POs & Transfer to Regular Transactions for the item.
5. Run Actual cost Process.
6. Check Actual Cost Transactions for the item.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot differentiate the Packing Material from the Raw Material for profitability analysis
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document