BNE Table, Table Space, Performance, Purge : Questions / Answers - 11i
Last updated on JULY 28, 2016
Applies to:Oracle EBS Applications Performance - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 11.5.10]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There are some performance issue with Web ADI. To improve the performance, the BNE actions "Delete Job History" and "Delete Performance Statistics" have been run by taking these steps:
- Login to Self Service as a user with System Administrator Responsibility.
- Go to the AdminServlet in your browser using the URL http://<YourHost.domain:port>/OA_HTML/BneAdminServlet For example: http://host.example.com:8000/OA_HTML/BneAdminServlet
1. Are the following tables the only tables impacted by these actions?:
2. Why are the following tables unaffected by these delete actions?:
3. Can these BNE purge actions be automated and if so how?
4. Can these actions be run at any time, even if users are on the system and potentially actively using WebADI?
5. How frequently should these BNE delete actions be run? Depends on the usage of BNE.
6. What is the signifigance/purpose of the data being purged by these actions?
7. How long should this data be kept?
8. Does the data assist with any troubleshooting activities and if so what activities?
9. How much will these delete actions assist in preventing the BNE table space from being exceeded?
10. Will running these tasks assist in delaying the need to increase BNE table space or should we just let this data grow?
11. What affect on the system will it have if the data in these tables is not purged on a regular basis?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms