Unable To Update Tax Code In Location Form or Update Fails with APP-PER-52504 Invalid Tax Name
Last updated on JULY 19, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.0 HRMS RUP8 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.0 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Tax Code of a location cannot be updated. The user can remove the value of the field and the
system raises a message to confirm that the change has been completed. But the Tax Code remains when the location is requeried.
-- OR --
When attempting to update Location Tax Code,
the following error occurs.
APP-PER-52504: Invalid Tax Name
Expect to update the default tax code in the location form.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in to Oracle HRMS.
2. Change the responsibility to US Super HRMS Manager.
3. Navigate to Location Form
4. Query for a location and go to other details tab
1. Purchasing Super User > Setup > Organizations > Locations
or Inventory Super User > Setup > Organizations > Locations
2. Query a location with an associated Tax Code.
3. Go to the 'Other Details' tab.
4. Remove the value for the field 'Tax Code'.
5. Save the changes.
6. Re-Query the location and check the value of 'Tax Code'.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms