Deleting Bom Items Without A Delete Group
(Doc ID 1277308.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Bills of Material - Version 188.8.131.52 to 12.0.6 [Release 11.5 to 12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There were 2 occurrences of BOM's with missing/deleted optional component items causing configurator to fail.
Find that subassembly components are deleted from the Bills of Material form without requiring a delete group.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps.
1. Query an assembly. In our case we are querying a top model assembly.
2. Select one of the subassemblies (that has at least 3 components). On the tool bar, click Components > define subassembly.
3. Select any component except for the top-most and bottom-most components.
4. Click the plus sign icon on the tool bar to insert a new component. Click into the component field of the new record.
5. Click the "X" icon on the tool bar to delete the record you just inserted.
6. After the deletion, your icon will be positioned in the Item Seq field of the component directly below the blank record you just deleted.
7. Try to edit the Item Seq number. You will receive the following error message: "FRM-40657: record changed or deleted by another user." Click OK to the error message.
8. Click save.
9. Close the window. You'll be back at the parent assembly. On the tool bar, click Components > Define Subassembly and you'll see that the item sequence that you tried to edit has been deleted.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document