After R12.1 Upgrade Holds Are Not Getting Released On The Sales Orders APP-ONT-251123
(Doc ID 1285546.1)
Last updated on MARCH 27, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
APP-ONT-251123 Hold released Successfully
After upgrading from version 12.0.4 to 12.1.2, few holds are not getting released in Transaction Control. You try to remove the hold and the following message occurs, but the hold is not removed:
APP-ONT-251123: Hold released Successfully
Further research identified pre-req patch 8985958:R12.ONT.B was missed and now you require a data fix similar to bug 10090988 with scripts like:
a. Hold_Upgrade_Item_Not_release.sql : to populate data for Hold type-Item and hold NOT released
b. Hold_Upgrade_Item_release.sql :to populate data for Hold type-Item and hold released
c. Hold_Upgrade_Not_Item_Not_release.sql : to populate data for Hold type NOT equal to Item and hold NOT released
d. Hold_Upgrade_NOT_Item_release.sql :to populate data for Hold type not equal to Item and hold released
Sample sql output:
WHERE hold_entity_id IS NULL AND HOLD_ENTITY_CODE IS NOT NULL
GROUP BY HOLD_ENTITY_CODE;
2 rows selected
This issue is referenced in the following notes:
- <Document 1204063.1> Holds Data when upgrading from 12.0.x to 12.1.x
- <Document 1199627.1> After 12.1.x upgrade, Upgraded Orders on Hold can be Pick Released
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Responsibility: Order Management Super User
- Navigate: Orders Workbench, Order Organizer > Query Sales Order16381 >
- Go to Line 1.1 >
- Select > Actions > Release Holds
- Select hold Make & Hold provide reason and Press Release.
- Message “APP-ONT-251123: Hold released Successfully “ is displayed but hold is not released
Due to this issue, users cannot release the holds.
This issue is occurring for holds irrespective of type when in the table OE_HOLD_SOURCES_ALL for these records the column HOLD_ENTITY_ID is null. Therefore, this record is not getting fetched by the routine OE_Holds_Pvt.release_orders hence and it is not getting released.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document