When Creating A Service Request From Install Base Tab In Contact Center The Application Errors Out Indicating That Bill_To Account Is Invalid
(Doc ID 1286260.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Customer Care - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to to create a Service Request form the Installed Base tab using a customer that does not have a Bill To address of its own but a related Bill To address with an Account-level relationship defined in Receivables, the following error is displayed in the Service Request tab:
API Programming Error (CS_ServiceRequest_UTIL.Validate_Bill_To_Ship_To_Acct): The value "#####" for parameter Bill_To Account is invalid.
Steps to Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Go to Contact Center and query a customer that does not have a Bill To address of its own but a relationship one.
- Go to Installed Base tab and select an Installed Base instance.
- From the Actions select Create Service Request
- Go to Service Request Tab in Contact Center and finish creating the Service Request
- When try to save the SR the reported error is raised.
What is Working?
The Service Request can be created from the main Service Request form without error using the same customer and the Bill To address that belongs to the related account.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document