Root Cause: Serial Numbers Become Locked with Group_Mark_Id and Cannot be Transacted [Video]
Last updated on MARCH 20, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 188.8.131.52 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5.10 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Form:INVTTESR.FMB - Enter Serial Numbers
Form:INVITSNU.FMB - Update Serial Number Information
When picking lot/serials, the serial becomes locked and cannot be selected.
Users see the message "Invalid Serial Number".
Can replicate at will.
Can reproduce the issue in various screens including Work in Process Backflush (WIP Issue) transactions and Miscellaneous Transactions.
Invalid Serial number
Steps: Work in Process
Video - WIP Transaction (05:00)
1. Navigate to Work in Process > Discrete > Job
2. Create work order.
3. Navigate to Work in Process > Move Transactions > Move Transactions
4. Backflush the move transaction.
5. Press the lot/serial (Button)
6. Choose the lot and serial.
7. Lot number shows blank on Backflush screen.
8. Re-enter the lot on the main screen.
9. Re-enter the serial in the Serial (Button) Screen.
11. Review the serial numbers and see that the serial is now locked.
Steps: Miscellaneous Transaction
Video - Miscellaneous Transaction (02:30)
1. Navigate to Inventory > Transactions > Miscellaneous Transactions
2. Check the Serial Triggered flag (Checkbox)
3. Pick a serialized item, subinventory, and quantity.
4. Press the serial/lot button.
5. Enter a lot and serial number.
6. Press done (Button)
7. Re-enter the serial in the main transaction line
8. Review the serial numbers and see that the serial is now locked.
Use SQL per <Note 568012.1> section #4 to clear the mark ids on the serial number.
Cannot transact serial numbers.
Causing frustration and loss of productivity.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms