Root Cause: Serial Numbers Become Locked with Group_Mark_Id and Cannot be Transacted
(Doc ID 1290344.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 01, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 220.127.116.11 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5.10 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Form:INVTTESR.FMB - Enter Serial Numbers
Form:INVITSNU.FMB - Update Serial Number Information
When picking lot/serials, the serial becomes locked and cannot be selected.
Users see the message "Invalid Serial Number".
Can replicate at will.
Can reproduce the issue in various screens including Work in Process Backflush (WIP Issue) transactions and Miscellaneous Transactions.
Invalid Serial number
Steps: Work in Process
1. Navigate to Work in Process > Discrete > Job
2. Create work order.
3. Navigate to Work in Process > Move Transactions > Move Transactions
4. Backflush the move transaction.
5. Press the lot/serial (Button)
6. Choose the lot and serial.
7. Lot number shows blank on Backflush screen.
8. Re-enter the lot on the main screen.
9. Re-enter the serial in the Serial (Button) Screen.
11. Review the serial numbers and see that the serial is now locked.
Steps: Miscellaneous Transaction
1. Navigate to Inventory > Transactions > Miscellaneous Transactions
2. Check the Serial Triggered flag (Checkbox)
3. Pick a serialized item, subinventory, and quantity.
4. Press the serial/lot button.
5. Enter a lot and serial number.
6. Press done (Button)
7. Re-enter the serial in the main transaction line
8. Review the serial numbers and see that the serial is now locked.
Use SQL per <Note 568012.1> section #4 to clear the mark ids on the serial number.
Cannot transact serial numbers.
Causing frustration and loss of productivity.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document