Contract Expert Additional Questions Not Removed When Condition No Longer Met
(Doc ID 1291491.1)
Last updated on JULY 19, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Procurement Contracts - Version 12.1.2 to 12.1.2 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Contract Expert rules have been defined such that an additional question is dependent upon the condition in a Contract Expert Rule.
The additional question should only be displayed if the rule condition has been satisfied.
In the process of running Contract Expert, the user may change the answers to questions. Additional questions should be removed if the rule condition is no longer satisfied based on the current answers.
But currently the additional question is only removed if there is no answer (null answer) to the additional question.
Due to this issue, when the additional question incorrectly remains, clauses will be inserted into the contract incorrectly.
If the additional question does not have an answer then when the answer to the initial question is changed, the additional question is correctly removed.
Expect the additional question to be removed regardless of whether it has been answered if the condition which activates the question is no longer satisfied.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to (R) Contract Terms Library (N) Contract Expert > Rules
Create a contract expert rule of type 'Question'
2. In the Additional Questions section, enter another question which is dependent on the answer to this question.
3. Activate the new rule.
4. Go to (R) Purchasing (N) Buyer Work Center > Agreements
Create an agreement with a contract template and Contract Expert Rules. Click on Use Contract Expert Button.
Contract Expert Questions are displayed.
5. Answer the first question so that the additional question is displayed
6. Answer the additional question.
7. Now change the answer to the first question so that the additional question should NOT be displayed
- the additional question remains displayed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document