Initiate Mass Edit to Change Location Results In Error: The current location change of the Item Instance (instance_number) in the batch (batch_name) is not allowed. Please remove the Instance from this batch.
(Doc ID 1292554.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to use Mass Edit to Move an internal Item Instance the request fails with the below error. The location for the same item instance can be successfully updated through the standard Install Base User Interface.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Add the required attributes in the Oracle Install Base module.
2. Perform Issue to Field Location which puts Item Instance 'In Service'.
3. Install Base correctly shows that the item has been issued from Inventory
4. Try to create a batch to perform a location move.
5. Execute the Initiate Mass Edit concurrent program. The program ends in an error.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot use Mass Edit to perform location moves.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document