Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 16-Oct-2014***
The following is occurring:
1) With one-step issue, even when there is no on-hand qty available to reserve or transact, the system is issuing material thus inventory is driven to negative.
2) This problem is occurring even though the flag "Allow Negative Balances" in organization parameters is unchecked and the profile options INV:Override Neg for Backflush is set to No and GMI: Allow Negative Inventory set to No
You are expecting the one-step material issue to process only if there is enough material on hand. The system should not allow the inventory to go negative.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Assume you have material say "M1" stock of 10 Qty in the subinventory.
2) Now you create a EAM-Work Order (W1).
3) In material requirements, you include Item "M1" with required quantity of "10" and release the work order.
3) Re-query this work order (W1), you will notice material is allocated.
4) Create another EAM-work order (W2) with same item and qty = 5 and release the work order.
5) Re-query this work order (W2), you will notice no stock is allocated as there is not enough on-hand quantity to satisfy this WO (W2).
6) Complete a one-step issue for this work order (W2), while doing one-step issue, system will allow to complete the process.
7) Go-to Inventory responsibility and check on-hand qty for this material, you will notice stock is driven to negative.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms