Category Organization Based Sourcing Rule Not Working As Expected In iProcurement
Last updated on JUNE 01, 2016
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version: 11.5.10 to 12.1.3 - Release: 11.5 to 12.1
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find Commodity - Category based sourcing rule on Category-Organization level was not considered
when MRP:Sourcing Rule Category Set was pointing to a category set not belonging to the functional area of purchasing.
Hence the sourcing did not work as expected and system did not pull the internal source setting
POR: Allow Manual Selection of Source profile to No.
This works fine in release 11.5.10 and was corrected with <
Expect sourcing based on category set as defined in MRP:Sourcing Rule Category Set
which does not necessarily belong to the Purchasing Category Set ( Category set to which the Purchasing Category belongs to)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set POR: Allow Manual Selection of Source profile to No
2. Set MRP:Sourcing Rule Category Set to a category set not belonging to functional area of purchasing eg 'Sourcing'
3. Define internal item and assign category sourcing
4. Create commodity based sourcing rules on Category-Organization level
5. Setup shipping networks and complete sourcing setup with all required steps
6. Create requisition in iProcurement
Sourcing does not take place according to the commodity based sourcing rule
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms