Last updated on MAY 15, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Bills of Material - Version 12.0.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Form:BOMFDBOM.FMB - Define Bill of Material
Executable:ENCACN - Engineering Change Order Implementation
Define Bills of Material form (BOMFDBOM) is showing duplicate records for disabled components when using Display All option.
The problem occurs with common BOMs when the component was disabled through an Engineering Change Order (ECO) defined in the master organization:
- one component record is shown in the master organization as expected,
- two component records are shown in the child organization: a record with ECO field as blank and another record with ECO field populated withe the implemented ECO.
Expect the form to display one record only in the child organization as well.
1. Get a basic BOM in the master organization such as an assembly made of one component only
2. Common the BOM to the child organization
3. Define an ECO in Engineering Change Orders form
Select your revised item
Create a Disable action for the component
4. Implement the ECO
5. Query the BOM in Define Bills of Material form
Select Display All option
See the following in the master organization:
There is one component record only.
See the following in the child organization:
Two component records are shown for same component. ECO field is populated with above ECO number on the second record only.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms