Error observed when Tax code is applied in PR - 'The System Could Not Determine The Applicable Tax Rate'
Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version: 12.1.3
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On R12.1.3, When attempting to add tax classification, the following error occurs.
The system could not determine the applicable Tax Rate for Tax P-VAT-S7 and Tax Status P-VAT-S7-SC. Please contact your Tax Administrator to ensure that either a default Tax Rate Code that is effective on 20-JAN-2011 is specified for this Tax Status or appropriate Rate Determination Rules are defined.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Navigate to Purchasing > Requisition
2. Create Requisition and Save the Requisition.
3. once the Requisition number is generated, Go to Tools -> Manage Tax
4. Click on 'AdditionalTax Information'
5. Navigate to the 'Tax Classification' and select the tax code 'P-VAT-S7'
6. Error is observed
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms