Mass Meter Reading Error "Invalid Reading entered for Meter &CTR_NAME which has Ascending Direction."
(Doc ID 1300713.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to enter a lower reading value for a meter/counter of type absolute, with Ascending direction and which is associated with a target counter, the following error is encountered:
Error Text = Invalid Reading entered for &MODE &CTR_NAME which has &DIRECTION Direction.
Steps to Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Enterprise Asset Management
2. Go to Meters >> Meters
3. Create parent meter: Alpha-parent, Type = Change, Value Change = Ascending
4. Create child meter: Alpha-child with Type = Change, Value = Ascending, Flag 'Used In Scheduling' is checked
5. Link both meters to Asset Number
6. Go to Maintenance User responsibility
7. Click on Assets tab >> Mass Meter Readings subtab
8. Query parent meter Alpha-parent
9. Enter Value 50
11. Change value to 40 and save, following error occurs:
"Invalid Reading entered for Meter Alpha-child which has an Ascending Direction."
12. Change value to 55 (greater than 50), then the system accepts this value.
13. Now, set up a new meter: Alpha-parent, Type = Change, Value Change = Fluctuating
14. Create child meter: Alpha-child1 with Type = Change, Value = Fluctuating, Flag 'Used In Scheduling' is unchecked. So this will not drive their PMs
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document