Mandatory Enrollments Failing For Large Learner Groups
(Doc ID 1303227.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 20, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Learning Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Learner Component
When attempting to process a mandatory class enrollment for a Learner Group that contains more than 140 people, the concurrent program fails with a PL/SQL Numeric or Value Error.
ORACLE error 6502 in FDPSTP PL/SQL Numeric or Value Error:character string buffer too small
Cause: FDSTP failed due to ORA-06502
ORA-06502, ORA-06512 at Apps.OTA_MANDATORY_ENROLL_UTIL
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Learner Group with more than 140 people
2. Navigate to the Learner Access settings for a Class that has the Restricted checkbox checked
3. Add your Learner Group as a Learner Group with Mandatory Enrollment.
4. Run the 'Process Mandatory Enrollment' concurrent program for the Class that you’ve specified above.
5. Verify that no Learners were enrolled
6. Try to process Bulk Enrollment for the same Learner Group- enrolls the learners
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document