Last updated on FEBRUARY 02, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.0.0 to 12.1.3 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After upgrade to application release 12, found purchasing encumbrance journals upgraded with incorrect source Cost Management. This could also cause issue with drilldown for purchasing encumbrance journals.
With Subledger Accounting module introduced in R12, journals from Purchasing should adhere to the following rules:
Actual journal entries:
- Upgraded journals from 11i: source = Cost Management
- New journal created in R12: source = Cost Management
Encumbrance journal entries:
- Upgraded journals from 11i: source = Purchasing
- New journal created in R12: source = Purchasing
The upgraded purchasing encumbrance journal entries with incorrect source can be located using one of the following methods:
1. View the journals using the General Ledger application form:
a. Use General Ledger responsibility.
b. Navigate to Inquiry > Account.
c. Enter Ledger, Accounting Periods From and To values that covers upgraded periods.
d. Choose Primary Balance Type = Encumbrance, Encumbrance Type = Commitment/Obligation.
e. Enter budget account or account range.
f. Click Show Journal Details button.
g. Observe journals for Purchasing Purchases/Requisitions with source Cost Management.
2. Query the database for upgraded purchasing encumbrance journals with incorrect source Cost Management:
WHERE je_from_sla_flag = 'U'
AND je_source = 'Cost Management'
AND actual_flag = 'E'
AND je_category IN ('Purchases','Requisitions');
If the query returns count > 0, there exist invalid data.
Upgrade to R12 from applications version 11i.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms