WebADI Budget Journal Worksheet Does Not Show the Accounting Date Field and Creates Journals with GL Date as the First Day of the Period
(Doc ID 1303941.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 16, 2020
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Oracle Web Applications Desktop Integrator - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
WebADI Budget Journals
When entering Budget journals in WebADI, the spreadsheet does not allow the ability to specify GL dates (Accounting Dates); it allows only a GL period and the system creates budget journals with default date as first day of the specified period. The behavior is the same as for the Budget Journals form in the Applications.
As a consequence, end dated segment values that were not disabled in the first day of the period can be entered and passed in the system even if they were disabled on the second day of the period. There is no date validation, only period validation against the first day of it.
This works correctly for Actuals and Encumbrances.
Expect WebADI to allow entry of Gl Date, helping process other validations in the system as a consequence
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to General Ledger Super User Responsibility
2. Navigate to WebADI > Define Layout > Integrator General Ledger-Journals > Layout Name Budget - Single > Update
3. Verify Accounting Date field, which is mandatory and enabled
4. Create WebADI Document with layout type "Budgets - Single"
5. System creates "Budgets - Single" WebADI document without Accounting Date field and creates Budget journals with default GL date as period first day
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document