ORA-01422 at POR_AME_REQ_WF_PVT.INSERT_ACTION_HISTORY after "Approve And Forward" Response
Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.0.6 to 12.1.2 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 26-Aug-2013***
In an instance with Encumbrance enabled, when attempting to modify and approve a Purchase Requisition using the 'Edit Requisition' link from the approval notification, the following error occurs.
PL/SQL procedure: POR_AME_REQ_WF_PVT.INSERT_ACTION_HISTORY Error: ORA-01422: exact fetch returns more than requested number of rows
Activity : INSERT_ACTION_HISTORY Result : #EXCEPTION Error_Name : -6512 Error_Message: ORA-06512: at line Error_Stack : Wf_Engine_Util.Function_Call(POR_AME_REQ_WF_PVT.INSERT_ACTION_HISTORY, REQAPPRV, 50705-108398, 261178, RUN)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Connect to the application using an encumbrance enabled responsibility
2. Create a Requisition. Then reserve and submit for approval.
3. Requisition gets forwarded to next manager.
4. Navigate to Management > Forward Documents
5. Find documents waiting a response.
6. Select New Approver for Requisition, for example yourself. Save.
7. Login as yourself and open the approval notification for Requisition.
8. Click on the 'Edit Requisition' link
9. Change quantity by increasing the total.
10. Click on Approver Checkout and complete the checkout process.
12. Back on the approval notification screen select 'Approve and Forward', and forward the requisition to a new approver.
13. Automatically receives error notification: Subject: "Approval workflow database error occurs while approving Purchase Requisition XXXX"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms