EGO_ITEM_PUB - Item Templates Not Applied Creating Items Via API
(Doc ID 1308125.1)
Last updated on JUNE 18, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Product Catalog - Version: 12.1.3
Information in this document applies to any platform.
EGOPITMB.pls : EGO_ITEM_PUB
Expect the items created via API to take the default UDAs from the template.
What was tried
The issue continues even after patching like from the following note:
<Note 1119093.1> - Item Template Values Do Not Override MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS_B Using API And Web-Adi
What is working
When creating items manually using a specific ICC and a specific default item template (supplemented with UDA attributes) through standard PIM item creation in forms (framework HTML forms) it works as expected.
Steps: Not working
1. Create item via API.
* Calling API EGO_ITEM_PUB.process_items. See <Note 728350.1> for an example.
2. The item template is not applied.
Steps: What is working
1. Development Manager > Item Catalog > Create Production Items
2. Select ICC
3. It will automatically provide the correct default item template for ICC.
4. Create item.
5. The template correctly applies to the item.
Developer would have to hard code every single UDA individually that has a translatable independent value set configured with the attribute.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!