Aid To Resolving Receiving Period Status Errors PO_INV_NO_OPEN_PERIOD and PO_INV_MUL_PERIODS Errors
Last updated on JUNE 01, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 11.5.10.CU2 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5.10 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for currency 9th June 2014
This document is designed to provide assistance is resolving two errors generated when entering a Receipt.
- The process of entering a receipt involves a number of packages.
- One of these packages is RCV_TRANSACTION_PROCESSOR.
- This package is contained in the file RCVGTPB.pls
- Within the package is the function get_acct_period_status.
- This function is responsible for two messages.
|Message Token||Message Text|
(Also generated by RCV_DATES_S.val_trx_date RCVTXDAB.pls)
|Please enter a GL Date within an open inventory accounting period.
Cause: You provided a GL date that is not within an open inventory accounting period.
Action: Enter a date that is within an open period.
|PO_INV_MUL_PERIODS||Currently no explanatory text is displayed for which a bug is open with Oracle Development:
<BUG 12312225> - NO MESSAGE TEXT DEFINED FOR PO_INV_MUL_PERIODS IN POMSG.LDT
The SQL associated with these two messages performs a SELECT on the Inventory table ORG_ACCT_PERIODS that holds the open and closed financial periods for
- E-Business Suite 11.5.10 Minimum Patch Level and Extended Support Information Center <Note:1199724.1>
- Required Patches for Enhanced Receiving Validation after upgrade to or install of 11.5.10 (or 11i.SCM_PF.J) <Note:367396.1>
- Oracle E-Business Suite Error Correction Support Policy (V.3) <Note:1195034.1>
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms