Ship Confirm Removes Partial Shipment Reservations
Last updated on JANUARY 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Oracle Shipping Execution - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find that after ship confirming and running Interface Trip Stop for a delivery detail that is split after pick release,
there is no reservation pertaining to the remaining quantity for the picked quantity on the second delivery detail.
This leads to the following error in Inventory transactions open interface. (table MTL_TRANSACTIONS_INTERFACE)
"An error occurred while relieving reservations"
Expect there should be reservation against the remaining picked quantity for the split delivery detail.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a SO for 3000 qty (line 1.1)
2. Have on hand 1400 qty (Lot1) in FIN_GOODS sub inventory.
3. Pick the lot1. Delivery1 gets created. 1400 gets reserved.
4. Have on hand for another qty of 200 (Lot2).
5. Pick again Lot2. Delivery2 gets created. Additional 200 gets reserved.
6. Ship Delivery2.
7. System splits the line as 1.1 for 200 (shipped), and, 1.2 for balance 2800 (picked partial).
8. Here system should retain the original reservation for qty 1400 with line 1.2 but that is not happening. So, Onhand qty exist in STAGING without Reservation.
9. 1400 (Lot1) as available qty in STAGING and moves it back to fin goods.
10. Next picking cycle picks Lot1 again, thereby duplicating the lot.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms