Rate Basis Is Using Wrong Stop Order Sequence
(Doc ID 1312737.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.2.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Rate Basis of "Shipment Distance from the Last Stop to the Destination Depot" is using the distance from DEPOT->LAST STOP instead of LAST STOP->DEPOT. The distances may be different due to different roads/routing/restrictions, etc. It is expected that these are used.
This is just an example to illustrate the issue:
* Create Location C to be used as a depot location
* Create Itinerary with a Depot Profile returning to C
* Created Rate Offering/Record with distance as LOOKUP. Rate Record may have these sample costs:
100 / shipment
1 per mile Shipment Distance from the Last Stop to the Destination Depot
* Create Order Release from A to B
* Create distance records for
B -> C = 50 MI
C -> B = 45 MI
* Planned Order Release onto Shipment. This has the following
A -> B -> C
Notice the last segment is B -> C which should be 50 MI
1. Navigate to Shipment Management -> Shipment Management -> Buy Shipments
2. Search for Shipment
3. Actions -> Shipment Management -> Change Shipment Costs -> Assign Rate
4. Click on Shipment
Notice the cost is 145. This is from 100 base cost + 45 for the "Shipment
Distance from the Last Stop to the Destination Depot". Notice that it used 45
miles which is the distance for C -> B (backwards from the actual stop order)
Shipments end up with wrong costs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document