Last updated on JULY 12, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Payroll - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If employee is transferred from one payroll on a date that is after the pay period end date and on or prior to the payment date, the employee is processed in the 'old' payroll. Also, if a new employee is assigned to a payroll after the payroll period end date, but before the pay date, the assignment will be processed in the payroll even though the payroll is not effective on the assignment record.
Payroll 'A' has the following period setup:
Period End Date: 20-DEC-2015
Pay Date: 24-DEC-2015
Employee has a new payroll assigned effective 21-DEC-2015 (beginning of next pay period). Payroll 'A' is processed for period ending 20-DEC-2015 and the employee is picked up, even though Payroll A was not effective on the assignment record as of the period end date (20-DEC-2015)
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log into HRMS Responsibility
- Navigate to People - Assignment
- Datetrack to a date that is after the pay period end date AND on or prior to the check date of a pay period
- Update the Payroll value to the new payroll
- Run 'Payroll Process' for the old payroll and pay period in question
- Go to View - Payroll Process Results, query back the run and click on 'Assignment Process' to see employee is picked up.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms