SLA Payroll Costing - GL Segment Security Is Ignored On Drilldown
Last updated on JULY 25, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Payroll - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Security restrictions in the GL are not reflected in the Payroll subledger.
Using a responsibility that has limited access in the GL (i.e. can view entity segments of 200 and 033 but not 003), the user can drill down to the subledger and see the details for the data they should not have access to (entity segment 003).
The following has been tried as a solution but did not work:
1) Tried setting the following profile options to Yes at User level.
- SLA: Enable Data Access Set Security in Subledger
- SLA: Enable Subledger Transaction Security in GL
This made no difference but these settings were left in place.
2) Tried updating the xla_subledgers table to set the security_function_name = 'XLA_SECURITY_POLICY_PKG.MO_POLICY' which is what a number of other modules are set to.
This caused an error to occur on the drilldown itself. The security_function_name was set back to null.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Run Process Payroll, Costing, Transfer to SLA, Create Accounting (final mode) => this generates GL entries and related SLA entries
- Using responsibility with restricted access via flexfield security rules, navigate Inquiry\Journal and query for the Payroll source journal created from step 1.
- Review Journal => this shows only the detail lines that the user/responsibility has access to
- Select a line and click on Line Drilldown => this opens the subledger screens and displays the subledger journal entry lines related to the GL line
- Click on View Journal Entry => this opens the subledger journal entry and displays ALL lines including those that the user/responsibility does not have access to
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms