R12: Duplicate Tax Registration Number Not Allowed. Error: This Tax Registration Number Is Already In Use For Party Type
Last updated on NOVEMBER 14, 2017
Applies to:Oracle E-Business Tax - Version 12.0.0 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.0 to 12.1]
Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.0 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.0 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Receiving this error message when trying to create a Supplier:
This Tax Registration Number is already in use for Party Type: Third Party and party name: XXXXXX for the same period.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- The customer has a supplier 'XXXXXX'
- In Tax Details page, have a Tax Registration with registration number "EXEMPT" assigned.
- As per Oracle explanation, customer now needs to create a new Tax Registration in the context of a Tax Regime.
- They have attempted to delete the existing registration but the option is not available.
- While they can end-date the registration, an attempt to create a new Supplier with the same Tax Registration results in the above error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms