EAM Work Order Release Approval Workflow Fails When Approving From Login Home Page Directly
Last updated on OCTOBER 17, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
**Checked for relevance on 19-Sep-2012**
** Checked for relevance on 05-Jun-2014 **
On : 12.1.X version, Work Execution
When attempting to approve a work order release workflow from the main application home page, the following error occurs.
An Error occurred in the following Workflow.
Item Type = EAMWOREL
Item Key = 1560
User Key =
Error Name = 1
Error Message = User-Defined Exception
Error Stack =
EAMWOREL.UPDATE_STATUS_APPROVED(EAMWOREL, 1560, 232350, RUN)
Wf_Engine_Util.Function_Call(EAM_WORKORDER_WORKFLOW_PVT.UPDATE_STATUS_APPROVED, EAMWOREL, 1560, 232350, RUN)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. EAM Responsibility >Create WO and enter all the details.
2. Change status to 'Released' and click on apply.
3. WO status become 'Released - Pending'
4. Approve the Release of WO from the main application home page, i.e do not go into responsibility
5. Receive a notification in sysadmin showing user defined exception for WO release WF.
Note: Customer wants to be able to approve the workflow from the main applications home page without the need for logging into a responsibility.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms