R12: AP/IBY: Payment Workbench APXPAWKB: Can Create Quick Payment with Overflow Invoice Count, Check Number, and Sheet
(Doc ID 1318191.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.0 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.0 to 12.1]
Oracle Payments - Version 12.0.0 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.0 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Overflow checks can be produced when processing Quick payments on the AP Payment Workbench form (short name: APXPAWKB).
The system is expected to prevent the user from saving a Quick payment that contains more invoices than allowed by the Number of Invoices Per Remittance Stub in the associated Payment Document setup.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Payments > Entry > Payments
2. Enter the header for a Quick payment
3. Click the Enter/Adjust invoices button
4. Select more invoices into the Quick payment than is allowed by the Number of Invoices Per Remittance Stub on the specified Payment Document setup.
5. Save the Quick payment, and see no indication of an error condition.
6. Inspect the output file, and find multiple formatted check sheets, in a void_except_last configuration.
7. Query the payment in the Payments window, and find that the payment number is assigned only to the first (Void_by_Overflow) sheet from the format output file.
8. The mismatch in "Negotiable" check number between the output file and the payment recording in the Payment Workbench causes trouble subsequently when Reconciling.
9. Find that this condition also causes some Standard Reports like Payments Register, and Void Register to give wrong information
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document