Cross Project Validation Inconsistent In Transact Move Order Form, Get Error "APP-PJM-58150: You cannot transfer between projects in a subinventory transfer transaction"
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Release 12.1, in Move Orders form,
WIP jobs are picked released and then move orders are transacted.
If clicking View/Update Allocations for each line, then clicking on Transact, the transaction completes without error.
When selecting All, then clicking Transact, the following error occurs:
"APP-PJM-58150: You cannot transfer between projects in a subinventory transfer transaction."
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enter a Sales Order with a project reference
2. Run MDS (Sales Orders only)
3. Run ASCP Collections
4. Launch & Execute Advanced Supply Chain Plan, using excess supply from other projects within the same Planning Group to meet demand. (Reservation Level = Planning Group, Hard Pegging Level = Project, Items are all End Assembly/Hard Pegging)
5. Create Discrete Jobs (same project reference as Sales Order) from Planner Workbench
6. Run Shortage Report against Discrete Job. Shows that sufficient components are on hand to meet job requirements.
7. Pick Release Discrete Job Components
8. Transact Move Order to move components to staging subinventory
9. Either push or backflush components to the job
10.Complete the discrete job
11. Ship sales order
12. Try to transact MO for Manufacturing Pick move order by selecting All Lines and clicking Transact, error occurs.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms