User-Defined Variable Values Not Displayed In Contract Clause Preview
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Procurement Contracts - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When previewing an individual clause from contract terms attached to a Purchase Order, user-defined variable values are not displayed in the the preview PDF. They are displayed as underscores. System-defined variable values are correctly displayed. If the whole contract is previewed, then all variables are correctly displayed, the problem only happens in the Clause preview.
This occurs when previewing the clause from different navigations. The example given below is for viewing from Buyer Work Center, but there are other navigations where clause preview is possible and the same issue occurs.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to (R) Purchasing (N) Buyer Work Center > Orders
2. Select Actions > Update Contract terms
3. Click on the 'Update' pencil icon next to the clause with the variable in it
4. The clause is displayed with the variables and on the left the variables are listed with the user-defined variables having a value
5. Click the Preview button for the clause
- the clause preview doesn't show the user-defined variable value (it does show the seeded variable value correctly).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms