User Responsibility Changes Made Through UMX Roles and Role Inheritance Don't Show Immediately
(Doc ID 1325671.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 12, 2019
Applies to:Oracle User Management - Version 12.0.6 to 12.1.3 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 06-OCT-2016
User Responsibilities assigned or removed through User Management (UMX) Roles and Role Inheritance user interface are not showing or continue to show for sometime after the granting or revoking has taken place. The time it takes differs and can be from half hour to a day.
- Workflow Listener Services -> Workflow Java Deferred Agent Listener and Workflow Deferred Agent Listener and all up and running.
- Business events are raised in wf_java_deferred queue and processed immediately
- The changes are reflected in Workflow Directory tables WF_LOCAL_USER_ROLES, WF_ROLE_HIERARCHIES and WF_USER_ROLE_ASSIGNMENTS
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Assign responsibility using User Management Roles and Role Inheritance user interface
2. Confirm that the responsibility reflects as assigned on the User's profile.
3. Login as the user to whom the responsibility has been granted and notice that it is not available on the Responsibility Navigator.
4. After several hours, the responsibility is available upon login.
Sometimes the behavior is observed when a responsibility is removed from the user by end dating the assignment but the responsibility continues to be available to the user including all the functions attached to it for hours before the user is unable to access it.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document