Position Overlap Errors: 'Single Incumbent' Errors: The single incumbent position has already been assigned as of (DD-MON-YY).
Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to put an assignment on a single incumbent position when an ex-employee is still on the position, the following error occurs:
The single incumbent position has already been assigned as of (DD-MON-YY). You must assign a different position to this person to prevent overlap of this assignment.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log on to the Applications.
- Using Global HRMS Manager Responsibility.
- Navigate to 'People -> Enter and Maintain'.
- Create a new employee.
- Click on the 'Assignment' button.
- Assign a single incumbent position, which is currently being held by a terminated employee, to the assignment.
- Receive the error message.
Applied <Patch 10220040>: VALIDATION FOR SINGLE INCUMBENT POSITION LOOKING AT TERMINATED ASSIGNMENTS
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms