Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for currency on 17-JUL-2014***
When attempting to sales order pick release, the following error occurs.
Pick Release process could not allocate 10 of item XXX for order 99999 as there was insufficient quantity available Or Inventory allocations have failed, and the line has been back ordered.
Note:Negative Quantity allowed at Org Level
1. Sub-Inventory S1 defined as Nettable and Reservable
2. Sub-Inventory S2 Defined as Non-Nettable and non-Reservable
3. Misc. Receive 10 to S1 (QOH of S1 = 10)
4. Misc. Issue 20 from S2 (QOH of S2 = -20)
5. Create a sales order with ordered quantity 1, reserve can be done successfully because ATR is 10
6. Try to pick release with Pick Confirm=Yes and specify the Pick from Sub-inventory to S1.
7. Sales order will be back-ordered because Available to Transact (ATT) calculated as -10
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms