Improper Cancel Action on Rejected PO
Last updated on JUNE 01, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version: 12.1.3
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Purchasing, User was able to cancel a PO and release a PO in rejected status, though they haven't been approved at least once.
Using BWC Orders page:
1. Created, reserved, approved a REQ (with one line) from Purchasing
2. Auto created a PO against the above REQ, using forms.
3. Forwarded this PO to another person with out reserving.
4. Logged in with the user of the new person to Rejected this PO.
5. Query the PO from Buyer Work Center and cancel the PO line, with 'Cancel
Requisition' option as Yes.
6. No error message has been displayed and cancel action went through.
7. Observed that the PO line details are not deleted from the PO_LINES_ALL,
PO_LINE_LOCATIONS_ALL, PO_DISTRIBUTIONS_ALL tables. Instead
QUAN_CANCELLED became QUAN_ORD all these PO tables. The LINE_LOCATION_ID
column in the corresponding Requisition line details at the table
PO_REQUISITION_LINES_ALL is not Null, with CANCEL_FLAG being Y.
ENCUMBERED_FLAG is Y and ENCUMBERED_AMOUNT is having value at
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms