R12: Simplified Chinese Date Format is Displayed Incorrectly
Last updated on JANUARY 12, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Applications Technology Stack - Version 12.1.2 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.2 version, In Simplified Chinese Environment,
Date in Forms User Interface is displayed as the format '31-12-1999'. Date is expected to be displayed as '31-DEC-1999'.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigation Path : AP > Journal Entry
2. Valid Date is displayed as '31-10-2010'.
The "Current Session Language" profile option has been set to "Simplified Chinese":
- Logon system via Personal Home Page and select Preferences at the top of the page.
- Go to Languages section and set 'Current Session Language' option to 'English', if not selected already.
- Go to Regional section and look at the "Date Format" field. It should show up in the following format 'dd-MMM-yyyy (28-Jun-2011)'
- Set 'Current Session Language' option to 'Simplified Chinese'. Date format changes to 'dd-MMM-yyyy (28-06-2011)'. Date was expected to show month name as Jun instead of the numeric representation 06.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms