When Creating Bank Account, Null Values Are Set For Bank_id And Branch_id In Iby_ext_bank_accounts
Last updated on JANUARY 16, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Payments - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked For Relevance On 25-Aug-2014.
When a new bank account is created for an existing combination of bank and branch, the new record is inserted into IBY_EXT_BANK_ACCOUNTS with NULL values for the BANK_ID and BRANCH_ID fields.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Receivables -> Customers -> Customer details page -> Payment Details tab
2. Create new Bank Account
3. In Bank section, select Create New Bank and Create New Branch
4. Enter EXISTING values for the bank and branch id.
5. Save -> An error will occur, saying The Bank already exists in this country.
6. In the same page, change the selections and choose "Select Existing Bank" and "Select Existing Branch"
The values entered previously will be kept.
7. Save -> the record is saved without errors
8. Review the new record in table IBY_EXT_BANK_ACCOUNTS
Notice the BANK_ID and BRANCH_ID columns have NULL values.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms