Duplicate Addresses Created in the Account Layer and Party Layer
(Doc ID 1335651.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 11, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Quoting - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Considering the following scenario :
1. a prospect customer is created, without an account
2. a quote is created for this customer
3. the profile ASO : Auto Account Creation is set to "Place Order".
In the above scenario, if a quote is created for the prospect, Quoting won't create a new account until the quote is placed as order. However if an account is created manually prior to converting the quote into an order, there are some issues :
1. when creating manually an account for an existing prospect , the Customer Standard form will allow the selection of the prospect customer, but it won't display any existing addresses from the party layer
2. if the address is created manually again in the account layer, it will be copied to the party layer as well, resulting in duplicate addresses.
3. if the quote is placed as order, the system will see that the customer has an account and the used address does not exist in the account layer , so it will create an address in the account layer. Thus we get duplicate addresses again.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document