ROI RMA Receipt Does Not Fail If Txn Date Before Actual Shipment Date Of Parent SO
Last updated on JUNE 01, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Executable:RVCTP - Receiving Transaction Processor
When receive/deliver RMA using ROI, if transaction date is earlier than the parent transaction date or earlier than the shipped date of the sales order referenced by RMA, transactions succeed but will cause costing errors for the RMA transaction.
In case a RMA is received via Receiving Open Interface with a transaction date before the actual shipment date of the referenced sales order, the costing of the material transaction errors out with below error message:
If the Receipt transaction_date for the RMA is before the actual shipment date the record should error out during ROI receiving.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create, book, pick release and ship confirm a regular Sales Order. Note the actual shipment date
2. Create a RMA with above regular order as reference.
3. Insert data into RCV_HEADERS_INTERFACE and RCV_TRANSACTIONS_INTERFACE for RMA receiving
- Note that the transaction_date in rcv_transactions_interface is prior to the actual shipped date of parent Sales Order for this case.
4. Run the receiving transactions processor. Confirm that the receive transaction is complete.
5. Wait till the costing runs. Check the error message in the material transactions table.
If the same is tried from Enter Receipts form RCVRCERC the following error message
shipped date yyyy of the reference Sales Order zzz and line 1.1
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms