Cannot See Journal Entry Line Description (JED) In GL Journal or Create Accounting
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Cost Management - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Cannot see the Journal Entry Line Description in GL journals or Create accounting ,although ran the create accounting in Detail mode.
Once Create Accounting and GL transfer process completes successfully, there are no Journal Entry Descriptions associated to any of the transactions
Also setup the 'General Ledger Journal Entry Summarization' under 'Subledger Accounting Options' for the problem ledger and set to "No Summarization"
Financial -> Accounting Setup Manager -> Accounting Setups
But still cannot see the Journal Line Description
Journal Entry Line Description JED to be displayed for all transactions.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Cost management- SLA
2. Navigation: Costing, SLA
3. Perform the following setup
1. Copy Oracle AAD to a custom AAD
2. Copy Oracle JLD definition to a custom JLD
3. Defined a JED that uses one of the Oracle provided sources.
4. Attach this JLD defined in step 2. attach the JED to a JLD
5. Attached the JLD to the AAD and then validated the definition.
6. Attached the AAD to SLAM which was attached to the ledger.
7. Run Create accounting
8. Check if JED is populated. The output should display the JED
9. By default, Oracle does not seed JED in the AAD for costing
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms