Received Inventory with Serial Number But Serial Number Resides In Receiving And Cannot Be Transacted (status 7)
(Doc ID 1337149.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.1 version, Receiving Functions
Item has been received on a PO with serial numbers, but the material transactions form doesn't show any serial numbers.
Material transactions should have serial numbers received on the PO Receipt.
A datafix is required to resolve the problem in the material transaction and the On-Hand, because serial numbers have been received but there is no information in the system.
The issue occurred in Production Instance and it isn't reproducible.
1) Item created with No serial control
2) Receive qty 10 without serial number on a PO in the subinventory 'Stores'
3) Perform a receiving correction / Misc. issue to make the onhand quantity zero and modify the serial number control in the organization item attributes.
4) Receive again with serial numbers
5) Navigate to Material Workbench form
The material transactions exist with PO Receipt transaction type but, no serial number can be seen. (lot / serial button is not enabled)
6) In MTL_UNIT_TRANSACTIONS table there are no records
In the MTL_SERIAL_NUMBERS table, these serial numbers have CURRENT_STATUS=7 (Resides in Receiving). There are no records in the MTL_SERIAL_NUMBERS_TEMP and in the MTL_SERIAL_NUMBERS_INTERFACE.
7) Cannot transact the onhand, as the onhand is not associated to any serial number.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!