Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Procurement Contracts - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 12-Apr-2015
When doing a contract preview in a PDF document for a contract which includes text in both English and Arabic, the PDF is not showing the punctuation in the correct place.
The important factor here is that English and Arabic have different alignment, English is left-to-right, whereas Arabic is right-to-left, so any languages with different alignment will be affected, not just English and Arabic.
(1) If the contract template Layout template is in Arabic then the punctuation is correctly displayed for the Arabic text BUT for the English text the punctuation is then incorrect. This is regardless of the session language.
(2) Also the same happens with numbers, if using Arabic layout template then the numbers are shown in Arabic, but if using English layout template they are shown in English.
The requirement is to have the clauses in both English and Arabic with the correct punctuation for each language. Preferably side to side in a table, but if that is not possible, then as separate clauses.
Steps to reproduce:
1. In Contract Terms Library, create a contract clause with a table that has one cell with text in English and one cell with text in Arabic.
2. Create a contract template and add the clause to it.
- use the seeded layout template with English language
3. Preview the contract
- will see that the punctuation in Arabic is not shown correctly, the punctuation is in the wrong place, it's at the start of the sentence rather than in the correct place in the text.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms