Find Tasks Form Slow When Performing A Query Without Any Parameter (Blind Query)
(Doc ID 1339192.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Field Service - Version 12.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using the 12.0.4 version of the applications, and using the 'Find Task' function in the Field Service Report Debrief the form hangs (or takes a long time to return a result) if a blind/open query is performed, i.e. if no parameters are entered in the query.
Expect the form to return a result quickly or to force a parameter to be entered.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- (R) Field Service Manager (or similar)
- (N) Field Service Representative> My Service Requests>Create Service Requests
- Create a Service Request
- (N) Tasks Tab. Create a Task and Assign to a Resource.
- (N) Field Service Dispatcher>Debrief Form. Query back the newly created Task, (or any other), by Task Number. Task returned.
- (N) Field Service Dispatcher>Debrief Form. Perform a blind query, i.e. no parameters entered.
- Instance hangs need to log out and in again.
- (N) Field Service Dispatcher>Debrief Form. Perform a blind/open query, i.e. no parameters entered.
- Form returns list of Tasks after 3-4 secs. query seems to work the second and subsequent times.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document