Cannot Update Master Item If Child Org Item Is 'Mpp Planned' And 'Mrp Planned %' (Safety Stock)
Last updated on APRIL 29, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Item Master - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Item Issues
When trying to change item attributes at Master level, the following error occurs.
Cannot propagate Master controlled attribute value to child organizations.
Cause: The following validation failed for organization item record: Safety Stock cannot be 'MRP planned percent' unless MRP Planning Method is set or Distribution Planned.
MRP Planning Method must not be 'Not Planned' or Distribution Planned must be 'Yes' for Safety Stock to be 'MRP planned percent'..
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an item in Inventory (Inventory Manager responsibility), using the Finished Good template.
2. Save, and assign the item to a child org (e.g. M1)
3. Update the Organization attributes in the child org:
MRP Planning Method = MPP Planned (MPS/MRP Planning tab)
Safety Stock = MRP Planned % (General Planning tab)
4. Return to the Master Items form, and attempt to change any master level attribute (e.g. Description)
5. Save, and you should get the error described.
First implementation of release 12.1.3 at this location.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms